Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Menjengah cinta lama

Selamat pagi!

I almost forgot how good it feels to hold a fabric and ... SEW! Alhamdulillah, masih diberikan nyawa dan deria untuk menyentuh (kain), melihat (corak2) dan mendengar (bunyi mesin jahit!). Yesterday, after sending +Insangpari's right hand (read : machine) to the service centre, thought to visit Tok My in Subang, since service centre is just 20mins away from my 'kampung'. Found out that she's in Rayyanah Raudhah, so we bought some food and dashed over there. What's supposed to be a lunch-and-solat-pitstop turned out to be SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!

Sampai2 je, all three 'girls' were busy with their fabrics. So we barged in.

"Assalamualaikum (assalamualaikummmm - echo from my mini me) Eyy, korang buat ape ni?" Macam best je tengok.
"Main jahit2..."
"Wow! Bestnye!" Even more excited now. 

So Naema and I had our lunch, and after Zohor, patutnya ada appointment with Pn Nisha in Cheras, but since the appointment was cancelled, thought to go back straight home. Mainly because phone was out of battery - didn't bring charger (pandai #1) - didn't bring laptop (pandai #2). Oh, how are we so dependant on these gadgets nowadays!!! And to make it a full of gadget-less day, the house's Wi-Fi is not working (which didn't quite affect me) but it apparently has affected the 'girls' that made them so frustrated and continue sewing like there's no tomorrow. Hey! What a good thing, eh?

Naema really made herself at home. Running everywhere - with tangled ribbons all over the body - trying to tangle them even more. What a lucky girl. I never got the chance to go NEAR the sewing room when I was small. She got to RUN AROUND the area. ^_^ While I was amazed by the beautiful creations they were doing (at the same time,hands bit itchy touching this and that), suddenly it was quite. "Naema dah tido", mom said. Whatttt??? But battery dah habis! Nak balik!!! (Itu yang dipikirnya) Oh well, takpelah, boleh jahit. Heeee. So I grabbed a chair and started what I have left since hours before Naema was born. Yea, that's how long I've not involved in any sewing activities. Of course life is so much fun after she's born. ♥ But now, maybe with the production of +Insangpari is partially on halt and Naema having her quality nap (because she doesn't normally fall asleep easily at home-sometimes she just don't), I might be spending more time with these beautiful girls-at-heart. I'm about to open up my bag full of fabric stash (yeah, I've stopped sewing, but that does not mean I've stopped buying fabrics and get inspired) when Aunty Siti showed some of her (many) creative ideas to work on the fabric scraps (ada 3 guni!) given by Kak Yati from Mama's Hijab. Mama's Hijab is actually a business done by Kak Yati a.k.a. our neighbour who does beautiful and comfortable hijab. We have bought a lot from her and we might buy more soon. :) I don't think she has an FB account, but you can call her anytime to make an appointment. 

So here are some of the things the ladies did yesterday...

The top left pic is my project from fabric scraps. The rest of the pics are the ladies working on the carrier for makanan. I don't know what to call it. Should have taken a pic with the makanan inside next time.

And of course, the entire time, li'l Naema did some freestyles...



The 'food carriers' they made will be sold in the bazaar sale they're planning sometime in March. Do come by if you're in the neighbourhood. Car parks are such a pain in that area but a little walk would do good to our heart, you know. :)

I plan to go again today, since I have an appointment in Subang too in the afternoon. Might as well spend some quality time with mom. Till the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment